Company swag serves a number of purposes: it can build camaraderie among teammates, generate interest from prospects in a way emails or cold calls can’t, and enable instant recall for your brand.
But only when it’s done right.
People won’t keep a cheap pen, ill-fitting shirt, or flimsy tote bag around for long. That doesn’t mean, however, that all swag is doomed to fail. In fact, your employees, prospects, and customers will happily keep a high quality item that’s genuinely useful and doesn’t scream “corporate promotional item.”
Custom socks are a relatively new item in the world of company swag, but they’ve quickly been adopted by organizations looking for giveaway items that are unique and grab people’s attention. Here are 8 reasons why companies like Google, Sephora, Zendesk, Blizzard, and many more have welcomed custom socks with open arms (err, feet).
1. Guaranteed to make a great impression
Who doesn’t like a comfortable, great-looking pair of personalized socks? There’s a good reason Professor Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series referenced socks as one of his favorite gifts to receive: high quality socks are something everyone can appreciate. Socks are also an incredibly versatile piece of clothing—whether you’re wearing a suit and tie to the office, are walking around town in a t-shirt and jeans, or are dressed somewhere in the middle, you can always don a playful and eye-catching pair of socks that’ll grab people’s attention. (That said, please don’t wear socks at the beach.)
2. Custom socks are a unique and novel item
Personalized socks haven’t historically been a common giveaway item, which means they’re still fresh and novel. The 2019 report by the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) on promotional products lists all the swag we’re used to—writing instruments, t-shirts, and desk accessories—in the top 10 promotional items consumers own, but socks aren’t on that list. What does this mean? When you hand out custom socks at a trade show or to your employees, they won’t be shoved into a drawer and ignored like the 15 other logoed pens people receive.
3. Custom socks look fantastic—when done rightNot all swag items are made alike. Too many companies issue sad-looking t-shirts or ugly baseball caps with their logo slapped on, and no one (except, perhaps, die-hard employees) actually wants to wear them in public. On the other hand, expertly crafted custom socks boast creative, compelling, and colorful designs. And with Tribe Socks’ unique direct-to-garment digital printing process, powered by our world-class sock design team, the sky’s the limit when it comes to personalized socks that your prospects, customers, and employees will want to wear everywhere they go.
4. Comfort is kingEven the most amazing-looking apparel won’t get worn if it isn’t comfortable. Well-made socks offer unparalleled comfort: they’re soft, protect your feet without causing them to overheat, and fit well, so they won’t bunch up. Plus, our socks are built to last: they’re 200 needle knit and have a reinforced heel and toe. By giving out custom socks that are durable, yet comfortable, you’ll ensure your socks are worn (and your design of choice displayed for everyone to see) all the time.
5. One size fits allFew things are more frustrating than getting a great piece of clothing as a gift only to realize it won’t fit you. And it’s no easier for companies giving out swag: they have to stock up on a variety of sizes for sweatshirts, t-shirts, and vests, usually divided into men’s and women’s, and lug them to every event. This isn’t an issue with custom-made socks like ours that are truly one-size-fits-all and unisex by design.
6. Convenience is keyGiving out items in bulk? The last thing you want to deal with is the high shipping costs and hassle associated with transporting bulky swag. Since personalized socks take up much less room and weight than other apparel, they’re a lot more convenient to travel with and hand out.
7. Sustainability mattersOver the last couple of decades, customers have made their preference for sustainability loud and clear. People want to buy from brands that care about the environment: according to a 2020 consumer survey report by IBM, a whopping 78% of consumers say it’s moderately or very important for brands to be sustainable and environmentally responsible.
The more you can project a sustainability-first image, the more likely consumers will want to affiliate themselves with your brand. That’s why offering swag that was made in an environmentally responsible manner matters. At Tribe Socks, all of our custom socks are made from recycled plastic bottles using Repreve yarn, ensuring that our environmental footprint (and yours) is as minimal as possible.
8. Custom socks are easyAt the end of the day, offering up corporate swag shouldn’t be a chore, but instead a fun experience for everyone involved. That’s why we’ve worked hard to make the custom sock creation process as streamlined and enjoyable as possible. All you have to do is tell us how many socks you need (no minimums!), give us a deadline, and provide us with one or more images, such as your logo, as well as any desired colors. Our artists take it from there, creating different design mockups and working with you until they’re exactly what you want. And even though Tribe Socks offers quick production times, we never skimp out on quality.
If you’re still giving away faddish items that’ll get thrown into a drawer or thrown out entirely, it’s time to start offering corporate swag your prospects, customers, and employees will love.